-As a high school athlete, I never had a passion for lifting weights to get better at my sport.
-Junior year of high school I started using weights in the gym.
- I met a guy who was a former bodybuilder back in the 80's and I saw him and his son working out at the field house one day. We struck up conversation about getting better at football, so I could go on to play college sports.
-He said he could help me out, so I took the plunge. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I never looked for excuses, i just knew I put my trust in someone who was willing to help.
-Over that next year I put on weight and got stronger, but it wasn't until my senior year that things started to come together.
-I ended up committing to a school that I didn't even know existed in West Tennessee, Lambuth University.
-I went from 215lbs---235lbs in a matter of months. I was bench pressing 325lbs, Squatting 450lbs, and Deadlifting 405lbs.
-All it takes is hard work, commitment, and a mindset to know that no-one will stop you from achieving your goals.
-It doesn't matter what journey you are on, at the Next Level, we meet people where they are in order to make them 1% better after each and every workout. Keep reading below for a little Bio and list of individuals who have trained at The Next Level!
I am a former collegiate football player who attended Lambuth University in Jackson, TN (NAIA-2004- 2006) where I played offensive line, as well as, defensive line, during my time with the team. I later transferred to the University of Tennessee at Martin where I graduated with a B.S. in Health and Human Performance, with a concentration in Exercise Science in 2009.
I went on to receive my M.S. in Exercise Physiology at Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL in 2011. I completed my internship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL where I worked with patients who were at risk for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. I was also involved with the rehabilitation process for any and all patients who were involved in the program. Heart transplant, Lung Transplant Cystic Fibrosis, and Pulmonary Embolism patients were just a few of the conditions I helped work with while at Mayo Clinic.
I have experience in many aspects of health and wellness including: sports specific training, active older adults, orthopedic injury, cardio pulmonary rehabilitation, weight loss, health and nutrition coaching, and balance training.
I have worked with athletes in many sports including baseball/softball, basketball, football, golf, hockey, ice skating, and track. I have worked with Professional Athletes in the past, but currently works with, D-1, D-II, NAIA, High School and Middle School athletes.
I have also helped numerous individuals find their own intrinsic motivation in order to help them lose 10lbs, 20lbs, 45lbs, and has even helped someone lose over 100lbs. No matter your circumstances, I can help you reach your full potential and live each and every day 1% better.
I have also had the pleasure of working with individuals who have dealt with or are currently dealing with Orthopedic Injuries. I have worked with Post- ACL reconstruction, knee replacement, hip replacement patients, back problems, ankle problems, plantar fasciitis, sciatic pain, etc..
I have worked with individuals at both the high school and college level. I have had the privilege of training:
- Mason Thomas- Nolensville High School '21 (Football)
- Emanuel Hall- University of Missouri '19 (Football-Wide Receiver)
- Tumas Williams-Centennial High School '15 (Stetson University Football)
- Josh Colson- Centennial High School
- Nick Bell-Dayton University Football '20
- Eli Katina- Centennial High School '16 (Mr. Football Runner Up)
- Jariel Wilson- Centennial High School '19 (Football)
- Senturian DuReaux - Bethel College ’20
- Tyrel Dodson - Texas A&M (Linebacker)
- Natalie Vannoy- Ravenwood High School '18 (Queens College Swimming Signee)
- Zach Polisky- Franklin High School (Tennessee Walk On)
- Shelly J.-Middle Tennessee Junior Golfer
- Abby Buckner-Tennessee Tech Women's Basketball
- Sheldon Barina- Middle Tennessee Men's Golfer (UTM Signee)
- Maggie Anderson- Middle Tennessee High School Women's Golfer (Cumberland University Signee)
- Ansley Eubank- University of North Alabama Women's Basketball
- Ashlyn Brooke- Middle Tennessee Christian Tennis '19
- Quinn L.-Nashville Jr. Predators 12U- BGA
- Nick C.- Nashville Jr. Predators 13U-Centennial High School
- Nathan C.- Nashville Jr. Predators 15U-Centennial High School
- Blake Crutcher- Page High School '19 (Football)
- Patrick D.- Page Middle School
- Matthew B.-Centennial High School JV Basketball
- Brenden J.- Freedom Middle School
- Kamden F.-Centennial High School (Offensive Lineman)
- Bryan R.-Ravenwood High School-(Defensive End/Linebacker)
- Bruce Matthews- Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans- NFL Hall of Fame
- Brandt S.- PGA TOUR 2015-2016
- Official Strength Coach Page Swim Team
- Henry H.-BGA Middle School
- Cole M.- Junior Predators '04
- Cole S. -Oak Hill Middle School O-Lineman
- Dillon E.- Junior Predators